Reverb plugins are one of the most important tools for recording studios. Whether it’s adding some effect on vocals or creating an ambiance for drums, there are many situations we necessarily need this tool. Pros always say, go for paid reverb plugins as they deliver the best quality. However, it’s not always true. There are many free Reverb plugins available in the market which are capable of producing great quality music.
What you need is a reliable resource to these free reverb plugins.
14 Best Free Reverb Plugins For Home Studios
So, today I’m here with 18 best free reverb plugins you can use in your home studio and produce great music without paying on paid ones.
Let’s dig into the list…
1. Tal- Reverb-4
As you know plate reverb is great for vocals. It’s exclusively created for vocals in the 60s and since then it’s widely used in all type of genres. Tal-Reverb-4 is free plate reverb simulator which provides vintage reverb sound.
Here are the features of Tal-Reverb-4.
- This reverb is modulated from vintage plate reverb.
- Very diffuse sound.
- Fast build up time, also with long reverb sounds.
- Works with almost every audio software.
- Easy to use for beginners.
- This reverb only supports stereo sounds.
2. Voxengo OldSkoolVerb
Voxengo manufacture both paid and free audio plugins for home studios. They have a big list of plugins and OldSkoolverb is one of the most downloaded plugins in that list.
OldSkoolVerb is a freeware algorithmic reverb plugin supports AAX, AU, and VST architecture that means its supports almost all available DAWs. If you want a kind of “classic” stereo reverb then this plugin is best for you. OldSkoolVerb produces a crisp and clear spatial image that will blend with your mix.
You have been provided with several parameters in the GUI to get the best from this plugin. There are 3 types of reverbs OldSkoolVerb supports.
- Room reverb
- Plate reverb
- Voice streaming reverb plugin
For soft-attack and non-percussive sounds like piano, vocals, and pads its a great option for you.
3. Smart Eletronix Ambience Reverb
The 3rd free reverb in our list is Ambience which is a reverb that rivals the quality of the best commercial reverbs. Here are its features.
- All the useful parameters.
- You get an added bonus – gating that is not found in many reverb plugins.
- Equipped with IMO one of the strengths of Ambience.
- Nice looking GUI.
4. Dasample GlaceVerb
GlaceVerb is one of the best free VST reverb plug-ins in our list. Equipped with Residual Vector Modulation (RVM) it is able to calculate the deformations, the vibrations and the acoustic response of surfaces and materials.
- Residual Vector Modulation (RVM) reverberation.
- Reverb time: up to 20s.
- For more natural sounding its equipped with improved reflections algorithms.
- Density control (from Flat to Extreme reverberation).
- Surface parameters (Texture, Absorption, Reflection).
- Size, Bass, Dry, and Wet quick access controls.
- Easy to use and ultra functional interface.
- Fully automatable functions and controls.
- 64+ presets.
5. Semantic Audio’s Safe Reverb
Semantic Audio Safe Reverb is the part of Safe plugins bundle. It has an easy to use user interface. The cool feature of Safe reverb is you are provided with a text box in the user interface where you can write the settings you want and the parameter will be adjusted as per your command. You can use commands like warm, bright, or dull into the text box and see the magic happens.
Overall, this reverb plugin is good for vocals, and other soft instruments.
6. Leslie’s Sanford Reverb
Its plugin is one of the most versatile reverbs on the market for free. It’s 64-bit software that means you get the best quality in your mix. Here is some of the features of Sanford Reverb.
- 64-Bit architecture
- Ultra-precise control over early reflections
- Global pre-delay
- Time and damp controls
- MIDI learn
- Modulation for emulating cavernous spaces
- Tone control filters
- Low CPU usage
7. MuTools’s MuVerb
MuVerb is a simple to use plugin and best for beginners. Featured with state of the art user interface its a nice free reverb plugin you can start with.
Although it’s a bit more CPU hog (free test version), but if you have enough RAM its a great free reverb for you.
8. Saltline Lisc-Verb
If you are finding a free reverb plugin with tons of features then Saltline Lisk-Vesb is for you. As you can see its user interface there are several knobs, buttons and controls are available to adjust the settings. However, for beginners its a bit tough to manage control this plugin.
Here are some features of Lisc-Verb
- Dry/Wet Signal Routing
- Direct Output (Effect Mix and Gain)
- Variable Filter (Low Pass, High Pass, Band Pass, Band Reject, Frequency Cut-Off & Resonance)
- Dry Signal to Effect routing (Direct to Effect & State Variable Filter-Effect)
- Fully adjustable Reverb (Normal, Free and Gated Modes, Gate Amount, Size, Width & Damp)
- Reverb and Delay Mix
- Fully adjustable Delay (Rate – Free/Sync, Rate Adjust – Free/Sync, Delay Offset & Feedback)
- Reverb and Delay State Variable Filter (Low Pass, High Pass, Band Pass, Band Reject, Frequency Cut-Off & Resonance)
- Output (Effect Mix – Wet/Dry)
9. Variety of Sound’s epicVerb
It is a good reverb for those who want a small room and ambiance effect simulation which is well suited for the modern drum and vocal sounds. With smooth, transparent and artifact free reverb tails it’s designed for maximum usability and flexibility. It features 6 different stereo early reflection models and 2 different reverb modes.
There are standard reverb controls like ‘TIME’, ‘DAMP’ or ‘PRE-DELAY’ as well as reverb tail modulation provided to manipulate the reverb.
10. Synthescience’s Freeze Chamber
With only 5 knobs this plugin is easy to use straightforward reverb processor which provides the desirable spacious touch with a minimum amount of tweaks.
You also get a freeze switch which helps you to hold the process at any time. There are a number of presets are given for the ease of work as well as you can save your own presets up to 64 presets.
11. Stone Voices Ambient Reverb
Stone Voices is a free Ambient Reverb plugin applicable for operation with sound material in an ambient genre. You can increase the reverberation time up to 100ms.
Here are some features of StoneVoice Ambient Reverb
- 16 factory presets
- Fine tuning of parameters
- Indicator and knobs of input/output level
- Two bands parametric equalizer
- The 32 and 64-bit versions of a plug-in
- Windows XP and above
- Low load of the central processor
- VST 2.4 protocol
12. u-He Protoverb
In some cases, we need a room echo simulator plugin. Applications like drum machines etc need some room echo effect for the naturality. Here u-He Protoverb will help you. It’s an experimental room simulator reverb.
Here are some features of Protoverb
- Notes held for a longer time to build up the resonance.
- Multiple instruments remain distinct, without disappearing in a wash
- When you play a short melody, the room seems to repeat a ghost echo of that melody
13. KR-Reverb FS by KResearch
It’s an easy to use reverb plugin based on Reverberation module. The internally adjusted equalization and damping controls produce a warm reverb sound suitable for a wide range of applications.
- Adjustable Late reflections size
- Listener position control
- Adjustable Early Reflections Size
- Output Gain control with range -12db to +12db adjustment.
- Adjustable Diffusion control
- Adjustable Decay control
- Support for User definable presets (Save & Load) via Host interface
- Dry/Wet Mix adjustment.
14. DX Reverb Light by ANWIDA Soft
The last reverb in our list is DX reverb by ANWIDA Soft. It’s a Lightweight free reverb plug-in for PC and Mac.
- True stereo reverbs that will not affect stereo imaging
- 64bit internal precision
- The highly optimized DSP code
- The 24bit/96Khz audio support
- The 24bit/96Khz audio support
- Parameter automation (depending on the host application)
- Stereo output (mono->stereo, stereo->stereo)
- Ultra clean and noiseless processing
- Factory presets
Conclusion: 14 Best Free Reverb Plugins
So, here were the 14 free reverb plugins suitable for beginners. Now it’s your time to download and install these free plugins. Let me know in the comments which one suited best to you.
Sharing is caring
Share this ultimate resource on your social circle and help others find these best free reverb plugins.
- 10 Free Drum Kit Resources For Indie Composers [Only Best Ones]
- 7 Best Free DAW Software For Home Studios
- 51 Free VST Plugins For Vocals