If you are searching for some good Free VST plugins for Vocals then you are in the right place. Here I have 49 free VST plugins for vocals which can help you to create a great mix for your projects.
For a recording engineer or music producer, recording and mixing vocals is the toughest part of a session. As the structure of vocal frequencies is totally different than an instrument, controlling and outputting good vocal is really a challenging job for us.
In the old days of audio recording, when there were no modern facilities like digital recording techniques, hardware, software VST etc, this was even more challenging. Thankfully, now we have better audio recording hardware and software. With this facility, we can now produce far better music than ever.
These free VST plugins are very useful for not only mastering and mixing vocals but also for other instruments.
Vocal Mastering VST Plugins for Free
I’ve divided these 49 free VST plugins into 11 categories so that you could choose your plugins as per your need. Bookmark this page on your browser so that whenever you want free plugins in a certain category you could head over to this page and get your free VST plugins for vocals right then. And don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter. Subscribing us will allow you to get special contents directly into your email.
Here are these 11 categories
- Eq Plugins For Vocals
- Vocal Compressor Plugins
- de-Esser Plugins
- Noise Gate VST Plugins
- Pitch Correction Plugins For Vocal
- Vocal Limiter Plugins
- Vocal Reverb Plugins
- Delay Plugins For Vocals
- Chorus Plugins For Vocals
- Exciter Plugin For Vocals
- Microphone Modeler Plugin For Vocals
Note: This VST plugin list is regularly updated by us. Make sure to bookmark this page so that you could get new plugins as well as the updated version of existing plugins on every visit.
Eq Plugins For Vocals
Equalizers are like the father of all effects. Equalizing tracks properly is considered as an art. Equalizers have the ability to make or break your project. People say if you master yourself in equalizing, you master half of the audio mixing and mastering skills.
But I think its more than an art. Without proper tools, you can’t get a perfect picture of your art. And in vocals, it’s very important you use proper equalizers. Here is the list of free VST equalizer plugins for vocals which can help you as a proper tool to mix your vocals.
1. ReaEQ By Reaper
ReaEQ equalizer VST plugin is one of the best free plugins for music producers. Its a graphic equalizer plugin with lots of features that you generally get with a paid VST plugin.
Here are some features of ReaEQ
- This IR based equalizer has Unlimited bands.
- Support any number and many types of filters (LPF, HPF, shelves, bands, notch, all-pass, bandpass)
- phase response display and frequency response
- approximate note+octave display for frequencies
- bypass control per-band
- A full-view graph for precise editing
- Mouse modifiers usable for editing bandwidth of points in the graph
Its a part of Rea PLugs bundle so you have to download and install the whole bundle.
2. Luftikus By Lkjb
If you want an analog user interface, Luftikas equalizer is for you. Its a digital adaptation of an analog EQ features half-octave bands as well as high-frequency boost additionally. It supports knee gain mode which allows deeper cuts with no overall gain changes. It supports both Windows and Mac so you can use it for the DAWs that support VST as well as AU.
Some features of Luftikas VST/AU equalizer
- Hardware UI
- Equalizer bands -10Hz, 40Hz, 160Hz & 640 Hz
- Shelf – 2.5kHz
- Optional boost shelf – 2.5, 5, 10, 20 or 40 kHz.
- Analog and mastering modes
- You can avoid drastic overall gain changes with “keep gain” button
- Output trim knob
- Ideal for Vocal equalizing (deeper cuts)
Luftikus equalizer is a GPL software so you can download it from Google code.
3. TDR Nova by Tokyo Dawn Records
Tokyo Dawn Record’s TDR Nova is a multipurpose equalizer. Its very effective in vocal equalizing. Although it is a parallel dynamic equalizer, it has a parametric layout. Each band has a dynamic section which allows you to cover a wide range of application which I told you above.
Here are some tasks which TDR Nova can easily do
- Parametric equalization for various purposes
- Dynamic equalization for crispiness
- Frequency selective compression removing vocal sibilance
- Multi-band compression for mastering
- Wideband compression
Some useful features of TDR Nova
- Preset manager
- A/B testing
- copy & paste
4. Marvel GEQ by Voxengo
Marvel GEQ is my favorite equalizer plugin for free. Voxango implements many features to this free plugin. It’s not just VST plugin but it supports VST, RTAS and Audio unit algorithms. Which means you can use it with any major DAW for Windows and Mac.
Marvel GEQ equalizer is a 16-band linear phase graphic equalizer. The best thing is you can use its internal routing feature for multi-channel operation up to 8 input/output channels.
Marvel GEQ has a huge number of features, some of them are,
- 16-band graphic equalizer
- Freehand drawing mode for accuracy
- Linear-phase equalizing
- Up to 12 dB gain range per band
- Stereo and multi-channel processing by internal routing
- Group channel feature
- Mid and side processing
- 64-bit floating point processing provides better depth in sound
- Preset manager for saving and recalling programs
- A/B testing
- Contextual hint messages help you on the work
- 44.1 to 192 kHz sample rates support
- 9 ms processing latency
- Changeable color schemes
- Resize user interface
5. MEqualizer by Melda Production
Melda production’s MEqualizer is 6 band equalizer and extremely easy to use. Each band has 7 types of filters, harmonics control and integrated tube saturation for analog feel. If you want a vintage sound with free equalizer plugin then MEqualizer is for you. The cool thing is it has advance spectrum analyzer and sonogram which help you in real-time monitoring your frequency spectrum.
Some features of MEqualizer
- GPU accelerated advanced User interface.
- Classic meters and time graphs with an advanced visualizing engine.
- Advanced sonogram with a spectrum analyzer
- 9 filters for each band
- Tube saturation for the vintage feel
- Multi-channel processing up to 8 channels
- Automatic gain compensation (AGC)
- Midi control
- 64-bit unlimited sampling rate processing
- Global preset management with online preset exchange facility
- VST, VST3, AU and AAX interfaces on Windows & Mac, both 32-bit and 64-bit support
MEqualizer comes with MFreeFX Bundle, MTotalFX Bundle, and MComplete Bundle
6. Blue Cat’s Triple EQ
This simple 3 band equalizer is perfect for equalizing certain frequencies in your vocal or other instruments. It’s a semi-parametric equalizer controlled with a single filter with customizable shape. You get a low shelf filter, a high shelf filter, and boost/cut peak filter. It also shows computed frequency response by a graph which helps you to analyze the signal processing.
Here are some features of Blue Cat’s Triple EQ
- 3 bands semi-parametric equalizer with shapable filter
- Dual Mode: independent right and left or mid and side channels control.
- Linking modes for multiple channels.
- Each band has +-40 dB range.
- Automatic gain compensation.
- Real-time frequency response display with zooming capabilities and precise measurement.
7. Nova-67P by Vladg/sound
Vladg Nova is a parallel parametric equalizer cum compressor plugin. You can use the compressor as a split band compressing modes.
Key features of Vladg Nova equalizer
- 5 bands parallel dynamic equalizer with an auto-gain feature.
- Low pass and high pass filter (Optional)
- Full-band and split band compression.
- Pre-emphasis side-chain filtering.
- Real-time spectrum analysis.
- External sidechain support.
- 64-bit internal processing with unlimited sampling frequencies.
8. Audiocation Free Equalizer Plugin
Audiocation is a parametric equalizer plugin created by the company of its own name “AUDIOCATION.DE”. Here are some features of Audiocation parametric equalizer plugin which help you in your vocal mixing.
Have a look,
- 5 band parametric equalizers
- Low-shelf, peak, high-shelf filters to get perfection.
- Separate input and output knob to control the gain in the plugin.
- A display to monitor the results.
- Separate bypass knobs for each eq channel.
- Separate knobs for frequency, band and gain adjustment for each channel.
Vocal Compressor Plugins
The 2nd important effect we have to use for vocals is Compressor. The vocal track is the most unbalanced one in all audio recording tracks. We usually use condenser microphones to record vocals. As you know, Condenser mics are very sensitive. The sensitiveness of these condenser mics makes vocal tracks more unbalanced because they record maximum dynamics of the sound source. So, how would you get rid of this?
The heck is, using good compressors.
Compressors compress the higher dynamics and keep them under a certain range. For an example. If you have a vocal track which exceeds -6dB at certain points. Simply apply a compressors threshold at -6dB. Then all the points where the vocal exceeds -6dB automatically come under the -6dB range.
But applying too much compressor ruin your vocal or other. If you apply too much compressor or use wrong compressor format, you could lose the original dynamics of the sound and get chipped sound.
Moreover, compressing is one of the toughest parts of the audio recording. You have to be very experienced to setup compressors correctly. Presets really do well if you are a newbie. You can rely on presets for compressing. But choosing a good compressor with good presets is not easy. So here is a list of some good free compressor plugins which not only help you to balance your vocals but others tracks too.
9. Klanghelm DC1A
Klanghelm DC1A very simple to use compressor plugin. It is known as the little brother of the compression monster DC8C. In Klanghelm DC1A compressor VST plugin you find 2 main knobs by which you can control input and output gains. You also find some other useful features like deep compression, dual mono mode, negative and relaxed compression.
As it is very easy to use, I recommend this compressor plugin to new audio recordists. Just set up input and output gain, monitor the compression and that’s it. It a set and forget type compressor plugin.
OTT compressor is a free re-creation of aggressive multiband upwards/downwards compressor and very useful for electro producers. You get 4 knobs in this plugin. Depth, time, in-gain and outgain control. Just like DC1A, it is one of the easiest compressor plugins. You just have to set up input and output gain, attack time and the depth of the OTT compressor.
This plugin is available for free download in Xfer Records official website. You can also check out their other free plugins.
11. SAFE Compressor
It can read the human brain. No, I,m not kidding. Safe compressor plugin is designed to understand the terms you enter in the search box. For an example you when you type warm, bright or something else in the search bar, it will look for a setting to match adjust with the term.
Really easy to use.
Just type your desired demand and you get your settings up.
12. FR COMP 87
FR COMP87 VST compressor plugin is a part of Free87 Series from Eareckon. This series is based on ANALOG87 series and features 6 high-quality plugins in the bundle supports both Mac and Windows.
If you want vintage analog feeling in your mix then you should go with this free plugin pack. Even though they have stripped out controls of the ANALOG 87 versions, you will get something good with these plugins.
According to Wikipedia – De-essing is the process to cut off the unwanted sibilance from vocal tracks occurred along with some letters like “s”, “z”, “ch”, “j” and “sh”. There are many reasons for the amount of de-essing in vocal. Some of them are compression, microphone choice, and singing technique. Even the shape of the human mouth is one of the reasons for excessive sibilance. Excess sibilance can be irritating to the hear, especially in earphones.
To reduce sibilance or Ess sounds we use De-Essing plugins. However, there are other techniques to reduce sibilance at the time of recording. One of them is the pencil method which is very effective when we use it in the right way.
You can read my article Vocal Recording Techniques Secrets Revealed where I explained the pencil method.
Here I have 3 of the very effective De-Esser plugins which are also free to use.
13. Spitfish De-Esser
It is a very easy and powerful de-esser plugin. There are 2 main knobs one for the amount of De-essing(Sense) and the other is for depth. You get one more knob to adjust the de-essing frequency so that you could remove the sibilance from certain frequency range. There are few buttons like stereo/mono selection, listen, bypass and soft de-essing to tweak your sound. This De-Esser plugin is compatible with both VST and AU for Win/Mac.
14. Modern De-Esser
Modern De-Esser plugin is a rack style sleek design plugin. Antress made this De-Esser plugin for us and it’s also very effective with vocals. Here are some features of Modern De-Esser.
- Power Of/On button
- You get a Gain reduction meter
- The basic Threshold, Width, Release, and ratio knobs are available to adjust them accurately.
- You can control the frequency range (3000 to 9999 Hz)
- Output level control (-15 to +15 dB)
The only disadvantage is its a 32-bit plugin and only works with windows.
15. Tonmann De-Esser
Tonmann De-Esser is a high-frequency basic De-Esser plugin. Although this is a basic De-Esser plugin but highly effective. Especially for male and female lead vocals. Here are some features of Tonmann De-Esser plugin.
- Stereo and mono mode.
- Lowpass and wideband reduction mode.
- You can adjust the center frequency and bandwidth.
- Adjustable Threshold helps you to retain the “crisp” character of vocal.
- Short and sharp attack.
- You can adjust the release time.
- Wide-range adjustable attenuation.
Noise Gate VST Plugins
A noise gate is very useful when your vocal room is not as much acoustic as stop the background noise such as monitor room noise and noise from outside. Noise gates are very simple to use. Generally, there is a slider or knob to adjust the gate level. Suppose, if the overall noise is below -26dB then you have t set up the gate above -26dB. That’s it.
However, when the noise is loud then you can’t fully gate the noise. If you do that, some parts of vocal, like breathing or other low volume parts also be gated. The best practice to avoid noise is using a more soundproof room and avoiding too much noise gate in the track to keep the naturality of sound.
Well, here are some of the decent noise gates that will help you to get rid of that common problem.
16. Auto Gate/Expander
Auto Gate by Slim slow slider is a good noise gate plugin for everyone. You can monitor the gate level by the reduction indicator. There are many advanced functions this gate plugin provide us to get the best output.
Here are some features of Auto gate VST plugin
- Supports up to 96 kHz sampling frequency.
- Internal processing is 32-floating.
- Threshold level of the gate is -60dB to 0dB.
- You can set the attack time from 0ms to 1000ms.
- Release time is 2000ms.
- LPF Cutoff Freq (20Hz to off)
- HPF Cutoff Freq (off to 20000Hz)
17. Floorfish Noise Gate
Floorfish noise gate plugin is very easy to use the plugin. You get some analog-style knobs which are very comfortable to use. The one cool thing in Floorfish noise gate is the ability to scan the sound source and adjust the transition curve accordingly.
Features of Floorfish VST plugin
- Expansion knob
- Frequency adjuster
- Sense knob
- Attack and release from 0ms to 2000ms
- Soft knee curve
- Mono and stereo mode
18. G8 Noise Gate
From the manufacturers of G8 Noise gate.
This is the perfect digital noise gate that all the analogue ones were trying to model…
Something cool statement. Isn’t it?
Well, here are some features of G8 Noise gate plugin.
- Listen to option in high-pass and low-pass side-chain filters.
- External sidechain inputs
- A large threshold knob is given to adjust the gate integrated side-chain level and gain reduction meters.
- Red and green traffic light style indicators.
- You can dial out the chattering effect in long delays with hysteresis control.
- You can set the amount of gain with rage control.
Reagate Noise gate is the part Reaplug VST bundle. This bundle is free to use and includes Reagate, ReaComp, ReaXcomp, ReaDelay, ReaEQ, ReaFIR, and ReaStream. Reagate is one of the best free gate plugin available on the internet.
- Ultra-configurable noise gate
- Sidechain input & filters
- Hysteresis control
- Hold control
- Variable RMS size
- MIDI events
- Wet/dry mix, noise mix
GGate Gate plugin is introduced by GVST. It is very simple to use the plugin. Here are some features of GGate plugin.
- Works well to gate the noise below the threshold.
- You can adjust the attack and release to create gentle fades.
- Win 32/64 bit compatible
preFIX plugin is windows compatible 32bit VST plugin so you can use it with any of DAW that runs on windows and supports VST. Actually, preFIX is not only Gate plugin but its overall dynamics plugin. You get Equalizer, Gate, Phase, Compressor in this one plugin. However, with lots of options, this plugin can confuse any newbie but its very useful once you get into your hand.
Here are some features of preFIX VST plugin.
- You can improve the Stereo Field Perception
- Change tonality and spectrum of tracks
- Fast and slow gate options
- Air, shimmer, and ball options
- Mono to stereo function
Pitch Correction Plugins For Vocal
Suppose you have recorded someone’s song and at the final mix, you notice some annoying pitch problem in the vocal track. Then what would you do? In this situation when the re-recording is not possible, these pitch correction tools can help you to get rid of that kind of pitching problem.
However, the world-famous pitch correction plugin is Antares autotune and Melodyne, there are some decent free tools available for you. You can’t underestimate these free pitch correction plugins, as some of them are very effective in work. Let’s have look on them.
22. Melda MAutoPitch Auto-Tune
Melda production’s MAutoPitch is worth to take the 1st situation in this list. Sleek design and easy to use makes it a good free option for pitch correction plugin.
As from the name MAutoPitch is able to automatically correct the pitch in the track after assigning the scale. Here are some key features of MAutoPitch Autotune plugin.
- GPU accelerated and advanced UI.
- Classic meters and time bars
- Single channel to 8 channel surrounds pr0cessing.
- AGC – Automatic gain compensation
- Unlimited sampling rate with 64bit processing
- Global preset management
- VST, VST3, AU, and AAX on Windows & Mac, both 32-bit and 64-bit
23. Graillon 2
Auburn Sound’s live voice changer plugin Graillon 2 is one of the best free Autotune plugin option. However, this plugin has paid version with full features but the free one is worth for correcting pitch.
It has a keyboard to select the pitch as well as a graphical interface to monitor the process. It’s just set and forget type plugin.
GSnap is another VST plugin in GVST plugin bundle. You can use it to correct vocals accurately. Here are some features of GSnap Autotune.
- You can use subtle settings to nudge off-key vocals from the track.
- T-Pain or Cher effect can be created by Extreme settings.
- You can also control the pitch with MIDI control.
G200kg is the manufacturer of KeroVee. KeroVee is a powerful VST pitch correction tool.
Features of KeroVee VST autotune.
- TuneSpeed: Tuning Speed
- Nuance – to ignore or keep the subtle pitch changes.
- Master tuning with Calib
- Pitch correction amount with Amount knob
- TuneTo – For MIDI/Scale tuning
Vocal Limiter Plugins
Clipping in vocal clips is a common problem in audio recording. There are many reasons for clipping including wrong mic placement, high input level etc. To avoid clipping you should use Vocal limiter plugins. Limiters are generally the special type of compressor plugins but operate differently. Where compressor plugins are used to compress the whole dynamics of sound, limiters are used to only compress the certain area where the clipping occurs.
The attack and release time of limiters are very short so that it could not affect the upcoming frequencies. Limiter plugins are very useful to limit the frequencies above a certain level.
Here are a few good limiter plugins which you can use with vocal recordings.
26. Limiter №6
vladg/sound’s Limiter №6 is one of the best free options for vocal limiter plugins. Here are some features of this vocal limiter.
- 5 modules: RMS compressor, true peak limiter, high-frequency limiter, peak limiter, clipper.
- Brickwall and soft limiting ideal for vocal limiting
- Multiband modes
- 4x oversampling mode
- true ISP limiting
- 2 different GUIs
Sonic Anamoly’s Unlimited limiter operates with both 32bit and 64 bit Windows and available in VST/JSFX formats. This means you can use this plugin with Reaper too. Unlimited limiter plugin is not only perfect for vocal limiting but it also perfect for mastering. Sleek design makes it more fun to use as well as its very easy to use this plugin.
It has a loudness maximizer along with limiter so you can use it to give some loudness to your track.
Limited-Z is a freemium VST/AU plugin. Its an “easy to use” plugin with 3 knobs located at the very right side of the plugin UI. Although, this limiter is of Brickwall category so ideal for mastering but you can also use it in vocals.
Features of Limited-Z limiter plugin
- large interface, smoother drawing of vector graphics, and resizable GUI.
- Spectrum Analyzer
- Waveform history
- Changeable colors for the UI
- ISP filtering and indicators
- Output monitoring (true peak)
- Two additional limiting modes
29. W1 Limiter
Yohng is the manufacturer of W1 Limiter. This limiter plugin is in beta version so you can get some errors in use. But you can give a try and give your review on this plugin to help the manufacturer getting rid of the errors and launching the full version.
Some features of W1 Limiter
- Simplifying release curve
- Ability to increase the release time 3 times
- You can alter the circuit filter
30. LoudMax Limiter by Thomas
Are you lazy enough playing with the complex user interface of the plugins listed above?
Then Loudmax limiter best suits you.
With only two faders it makes very easy to limit your vocals as well as other tracks. It’s not only perfect for single tracks but also the best fit for master channel.
But before giving a try let us dive into the features of this free limiter plugin.
- There are only two sliders, one for threshold, one for the output level.
- Meters are given for output, input and gain reduction with respect to the threshold.
- A linking feature is given to link the output slider with the threshold slider.
- true peak limiting.
- 2kHz – 384kHz sample rates supported.
- only 1.25ms latency which is awesome.
- Attack Time: 1.25ms
- Automatic release time – depends on the input signal
- No distortion
- Low CPU Usage
- Compatible with WIN32/64, Mac OS. Available in VST, AU formats.
Vocal Reverb Plugins
Reverb is essential when it comes to vocal. Whether its a stage performance or recording, any kind of reverb in vocals is necessary. Although, reverbs are used for the various purpose the main use of reverb is in vocals.
When it comes to paid reverb VST/RTAS/AU plugins, there are many well-established reverb plugins are avilble in the market. But as this list is about free plugins, I handpicked some good free reverb plugins which give pro touch to your vocals.
Here are these,
31. Voxengo OldSkoolVerb
The 1st reverb plugin in this ist is Voxengo OldSkoolVerb. As you know Voxengo is one of the best manufacturers for paid and free VST plugins, this plugin is worth for the 1st in this list.
It’s a freeware algorithmic reverberationtion , AudioUnit, VST and AAX plugin for professional sound mixing work. If you want some classic stereo reverb with a spatial image that could blend well with the mix then you definitely go with this plugin. OldSkoolVerb has set of presets like hall, room, plate etc which will guide you to achieve the best results.
32. SAFE Reverb by Semantic Audio
Semantic audio’s SAFE reverb plugin is the part of their SAFE plugin s library. It’s an easy to use reverb plugin which helps you to get the best results with their pre-defined presets. You can also create your own presets by setting up the reverb manually.
33. Ambiance by Magnus
Magnus has a variety of plugins. One of them is the Ambiance Reverb plugin. However, you get the demo version is free but you can use that demo version for making a pro vocal. There are many setting and knobs Amibiance has. You can design your own presets or simply apply one of the pre-defined presets. This plugin is available in VST and AU 32 bit formats. So you can use them with Windows and Mac DAW software which supports VST and AU.
34. Variety of Sound’s epicVerb
EpicVerb is a well known free reverb plugin. I have used it a few years ago and truly satisfied with this plugin. Variety of sound is the manufacturer of this plugin. This plugin supports tight small room reverb as well as ambiance effect you can use it all the instruments as well as in your vocals.
Here are some features of EpicVerb
- Two reverberation modes
- 6 different stereo early reflection models
- Standard reverb controls like ‘TIME’, ‘DAMP’ or ’PRE-DELAY’
- Reverb tail modulation
- Control over first reflection patterns
- A different time handling for high and low frequencies
- EQ section
- 2 boot equalizers
- high- and lowpass filtering
Delay Plugins For Vocals
Just like the reverb effect delay is the 2nd effect which prominently used in vocals. To add some flavor we have to use both of them. Whether you want your vocal like stage performance or a mid size room, you have to use reverb and delay in them. Above I have described some cool free reverb plugins, now its time to provide the list of free delay plugins.
35. Glitch Machines Hysteresis
If you are finding a cool delay plugin for electronic music that could make some robotic effects in your vocals as well as instruments then Hysteresis GlitchMachines is for you.
Its a versatile effect processor designed especially for electronic musicians and sound designers.
Here are some features of GlitchMachines Hysteresis delay plugin
- Stutter Effect
- Feedback-Based Delay
- 100+ Factory Presets
- Lowpass Filter
- Modulation FX
- PC/Mac – VST/AU 32bit & 64bit
36. Voxengo Tempo Delay
Voxengo Tempo Delay is a feature-rich stereo delay, AudioUnit, VST and AAX plugin for professional recordists and music producers. As from the name it is base on tempo, contains filter and tremolo sections. Both stereo channels have separate controls so you can control delay, repetition period delay panning etc separately for each channel.
Readelay from Cockos is one of the best free delay plugins. it is part of the free ReaPlugs VST FX Suite.
Here are some features of Readelay plugin
- No practical limit on tap count
- Multi-tap delay
- Delay per tap up to 10 second
- Time-sensitive tap lengths
- LPF/HPF, Feedback, resolution reduction per tap
- Volume/pan per tap
- Stereo width per tap
WatKat is an emulation of the world famous analog Tape-Echo Unit Copycat. It was designed by Charlie Watkins in 1958. If you want a vintage capstan motor flutter from tape recorders and want to produce some cool effects with your vocals then this plugin is for you. Although it’s not a standard delay plugin which we use in our tracks you should definitely give it a try for fun.
MDA VST is one of the best resources for free plugins. They have a great library of audio plugins. Dubdelay is the part of their open source program. You get some great features in this plugin like the delay with feedback saturation and time/pitch modulation.
40. Lagrange by Ursa DSP
Just like Voxengo, Ursa DSP’s Lagrange delay is a stereo delay plugin. You can add the delay in each channel separately.
Features of Lagrange Ursa delay plugin
- You can use basic settings to create stereo imagery and clean early reflections and provide your instruments a clear place in your mix.
- The feedback control is used to transform your sounds into evolving soundscapes.
- Easily create chorus effect by shortening delay time.
- Compatible with all DAWs in Windows/Mac 32/64 bit and available in VST2/VST3/AU format.
Chorus Plugins For Vocals
Chorus plugins are not only useful when you are suffering from the shortage of chorus group but also useful for creating some cool effects in lead vocals as well as guitars and other instruments. There are many free chorus plugins are available on the internet but we have chosen 3 of the best for you. Here are them.
41. Acon Digital Multiply Chorus
Acon Digital’s Multiply Chorus plugin is one of the best alternates of paid chorus plugins. You can create some great effects with this chorus plugin. This is a graphical plugin and very easy to use.
Here are some features of Acon Digital Multiply Chorus
- Six separate voices chorus effect
- Phase filters to avoid comb filtering effect
- Frequency modulation
- Amplitude modulation
- Pre-delay (Adjustable)
- Built-in integrated equalizer
- Graphical visualizer for better results
- Undo/redo parameter changes
- A/B comparisons
- Preset manager with many presets
42. Azurite by Distorque
The 2nd one in our list is Azurite multi-voice chorus by Distorque. Unlike most choruses, we can produce multiple simultaneous voices Azurite. modulated by a separate LFO it has separate delay line for each voice. It can be also used to make vivid stereo spreading for mono channels.
- LFO tempo sync.
- 2-band EQ.
- For flatter sounds, feedback control is provided.
- 27+ built-in presets.
- 0.2ms to 200ms Delay time.
- 7 LFO shapes: Sine, Ramp, Inverse Exponential, Triangle, Sawtooth, Exponential, and Random.
- Stereo widening feature for mono channels.
- Control randomizer.
43. Blue Cat’s Chorus
Blue cat audio’s Blue Cat’s Chorus plugin is a very famous plugin in free VST plugins for vocals. Its available all known formats and supports both Mac and Windows.
Main Features of Blue Cat’s Chorus Plugin
- Vintage chorus effect with the single voice.
- Stereo spread controller.
- LFO shapes (Sine and triangle)
- In/Out phase mix control.
- Available in: Mac-AAX/AU, Mac-RTAS/VST, Mac-VST3, Win-AAX/DX/RTAS/VST/VST3, Win x64-AAX/DX/VST/VST3.
- Native DSP algorithm for optimal performance.
- Automation support with full MIDI control.
- Less CPU load.
- Customizable UI.
- Smooth Bypass: activate/deactivate the plug-in with absolutely no noise.
- Integrated presets manager with many pre-defined presets.
- Clipboard copy/ paste.
- Supports all sample rates.
Exciter Plugin For Vocals
Exciter plugins are very useful for both vocal mixing and overall mastering. Exciter plugins add some harmonics to excite the dynamics of the spectrum. So the resultant sound will be more clear crispy and have vintage tape recorder feel.
We know that digital and analog recording differs in many ways. The waves form in the analog recording are pure sine waves which retain the original property of the wave but in the digital recording, you have to rely on off-bit and on-bit as the whole digital world consists with 0 and 1. That is the reason why digital recording becomes dry as compared to analog recording. If you want to know more about this refer to my book “Build A Pro Home Studio: (Step-By-Step Home Studio recording Book 1)“
So what’s the heck.
Using Exciter plugins. Especially in vocals. These type of plugins recreate the original property of the sound waves. Here are some of the best Exciter plugins for vocals and mastering.
44. Fine Cut Bodies La Petite Excite
Fine Cut Bodies La Petite Excite is a simple to use but very powerful vocal exciter plugin. However, you can use it in your mastering too. It runs on Windows and Mac and comes in VST/VST3/AU formats.
Here is a tutorial to use La Petite Excite. Make sure to watch this tutorial before using.
45. Thrillseeker XTC
Thrillseeker XTC gives you the analog style equalizer design and creates a true analog feeling in your soundtracks. The manufacturers of this exciter plugin say that it can deliver all the character of an analog signal path and give a crisp rich analog sound.
Here are some features of Thrillseeker XTC
- 3 stateful saturators with 3 parallel coupled equalizers.
- Each equalizer is based on a non-linear and frequency dependent algorithm.
- LOW band: 70-450Hz
- MID band: 0.8-5kHz
- AIR band: 3.2-18kHz
- Pre-selected frequency ranges.
- Different internal gain-staging with 2 flavors.
- Blue version to mix towards hotter target levels.
- Black version to mix conservative levels.
- Additional modeled analog signal path idiosyncrasies.
- VU style classic meters as well as LUM (loudness unit measurements)
- Dry/wet mixing.
- Win32 / VST plugin
- Tested and known to work in many VST hosts as well as running jbridge wrapped in 64bit hosts.
With only 3 knobs, Aradaz Maximizer is very simple to use but effective exciter plugin. There are 3 knobs for maximizing, character and output helps you to add the analog character easily in your tracks. It’s available in Windows/Mac 32 bits and VST/AU formats.
BuzVintageMaxi is one of the best free exciter plugins. Buzzroom created this plugin for free to use. It acts like a maximizer and harmonics enhancer by emulating vintage hardware amplifiers. If you want a warm and saturated fat sound to the vocals, you must try BuzVintage Maxi plugin
48. Modern Exciter
Modern exciter plugin is a free stereo exciter plugin so you can excite your channels separately. As well as you get separate low and high-frequency exciter knobs that means you can separately add harmonics to low and high frequencies. Antress the creator of this plugin claims that it is the most versatile exciter plugin among the free ones.
Here are the controls provided in Modern Exciter plugin
- Power Off/On button
- Stereo level meters
- Extreme Low, High controls
- Balance control
- Output control (-18 to +18 dB)
Ferric TDS is my favorite free exciter plugin. It is a tape dynamics simulator and works well on vocals. Its a simulation of some high-end reel-to-reel tape recorders which creates smooth dynamic shaping of these tape recorders.
You can change Dynamics (gently shaping the overall dynamic response), Saturation (adding extra harmonic-related content), and Limiting (controlling peak performance)
Microphone Modeler Plugin For Vocals
Have you ever listen to Microphone modeler plugins? Actually, these plugins are used to emulate famous microphones. With these type of plugins, you can make your vocals far better, recorded in a budget microphone. Everybody who records with a budget microphone can use microphone modeler plugins for better quality vocals.
The one more advantage of microphone modeler plugins is if you recorded in a wrong way (wrong distance, polarity etc) it can overcome those mistakes even after recording is done. You can correct the room errors, proximity effect and many more things with microphone modeler plugins.
Here are 2 free microphone modeler plugins. Take a look.
50. Vladg and Tokyo Dawn Proximity
Proximity is created by Tokyo Down Labs with Vladg. It is an emulation of microphone position and polarity so that you could tweak the settings after recording. It gives us the ability to manipulate the “depth” of several sound sources in a straightforward and convincing manner.
- Distance signal delay at sound speed
- Absorption of high-frequencies in air
- Distance gain loss
- Virtual microphone proximity effect
- Stereo width manipulation
- Distance-based early reflections
51. Besure N87
Besure N87 is a true emulation of vintage Type 87 condenser mic. If you record in Shure SM 57 or SM 58 dynamic mics and want to add a touch of condenser mic then this plugin can help you in that. You can emulate the vintage type 87 condenser mic with this microphone modeler plugin.
Although, this plugin has only one mic emulator its, of course, free of cost. You should give a try.
Well, here are 49 free plugins which give you a pro touch to your projects. Try them out and make some extraordinary soundtracks with them.
I’m waiting to listen to your soundtracks created by these plugins.
Comment below with your audio link, or join our Facebook page and RB group on Facebook. Share your work with thousands of music producers and get genuine reviews on them. Afterall RB community is created for enthusiastic music producers and recording engineers who want to share their work with the world.
Note: This list is updated from time to time to add new plugins and retire old useless plugins. So feel free to bookmark this page on your web browser and check out at least once a month.
You should read also