In this article, you are going to encounter with KRK RP5 Rokit G4 which is considered as the best studio monitor under 300 dollars.
When you are tight in budget and want to purchase a high-quality studio monitor under your pocket range, you should always consider for KRK series monitors. KRK is the reputed name in studio monitor manufacturers.
KRKSYS has been operating in this field for many years and build its own customer base. I really like the sound quality of KRK monitors. The sound quality is the only reason why people like this brand.
If you want a professional sound quality then you should always go with KRK. Though Yamaha is also a reputed brand in the music field and has a series of monitors which are doing well but personally I love KRK.
I have Yamaha HS8 monitor pair in my studio but looking to buy for a KRK Rokit series monitor too So that I could take the advantage of two legendary monitor pairs at the time of mixing.
Well, it this article I will introduce you with KRK RP5 Rokit G4 a bestseller studio monitor in $400 price range.
KRK RP5G3-NA Rokit 5 – The Best Studio Monitor Under 400
If you ask me to choose the best 5″ studio monitor, I will go with KRK Rokit 5 only.
I know there are other studio monitors available on the market with a quite low price then Rokit 5. But if you want extraordinary sound then this is the only one which can fulfill your desire.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that we recommended. Read more about Affiliate disclosure here.
It is the only monitor which can be used in recording, mixing and mastering works.
The frequency response it delivers is most accurate among all monitors under this price range. Most recordings and mixing engineers say that KRK series monitors sound much more expensive than their actual price.
It means you will get a much more professional sound then it costs you. I think now you can better understand why I like this monitor speaker.
Features of KRK RP8G3-NA Rokit 8 Monitor
Let’s have look on the features of this legendary studio monitor.
The 5″ woofer is made of Glass-Aramid Composite which is a very durable composite. It can deliver clear mid-range sound as well as a tight bass as low as 45Hz. You will not get that low range bass response with other same price range monitors.
The weight of the woofer is very light which highly affects the overall weight of the speaker. The dome of the woofer is also made of glass aramid composite so pressing and deforming the woofer dome is difficult for children.
Caution: don’t lose the care listening to that it’s difficult to deform the woofer of this monitor. After all children are naughty.
Rokit 5’s 1″ soft dome tweeter provides a crystal clear sound up to 35kHz. This is another achievement for this monitor. No other studio monitor under this price range can provide you after 22kHz.
In the older generation, the tweeter was provided up to 30kHz. Now in this latest generation, they increased it up to 35kHz.
I will show you the frequency response curve of this monitor where you can see the effective role of the pristine clear twitter.
KRK Rokit 5 has a built-in 50W two-way amplifier which delivers 30W power to the woofer and 20W to the tweeter.
In KRK G3 series monitors the amp electronics is fully changed so the amp is now capable to provide more accurate sound with minimal noise.
You won’t get any distortion because it has a massive headroom and 106dB SPL.
The amp is equipped with low and high-frequency tone control at the back side of the panel so that you could adjust your studio monitor as per your need.
You will get 45Hz to 35kHz frequency response. Here is the frequency curve which KRK Rokit 5 provides.
You can clearly see that the frequency response of this studio monitor is nearly 0dB. It is a great signal that you can mix your project like a pro. It gives the nearly accurate sound which you input from the instruments.
You can compare this frequency curve with other monitors. You will see the difference.
The cabinet is made of MDF wood. This wood is quite common in monitor and speaker manufacturing. But it has some special design benefits which help to produce its great quality sound.
- It has a radiused front baffle design which reduces the distortion from the diffraction which occurs by the woofer and tweeter.
- It has a front-firing Bass Port which reduces boundary coupling.
- Unlike from other square-edged studio monitors it has a radiused design which is a good thing to reduce the reflections in a studio room.
- Internally it is designed to reduce eliminate standing waves and resonance and provide the nearly original and unaltered sound.
I/O and Connections
- It has low and high-frequency controls which are used to adjust the frequencies according to the placement and need.
- KRK Rokit 5 has 1 balanced XLR input, 1 balanced ¼” TRS input, and one unbalanced RCA input. You will get up to 4dB extra headroom using proper balance cables with the balanced inputs.
- It has obviously a power switch and power cord socket with 110v as per American standard. If you live in an Asian country you have to check out the power options also as these countries support 220V home power.
- Obviously, you will get a clear and powerful sound with a nearly flat frequency range.
- The design is very beautiful. Especially the radial front panel and the yellow speaker cone.
- Control at the backside of the monitor is very useful to adjust it with your studio environment.
- The cool thing which I like in it is the built-in Isolation Pads. With this feature, you won’t get any humming, noise during the operation.
- The flat frequency range enables you to create a next level mix.
- Actually, its woofer delivers as below as 45kHz so the bass is slightly boosted but you can manage it with the knobs on the backside.
- It has an auto standby mode. Means, when you are not using it, will go to standby automatically. It is a bit irritating for us.
So, here you read the review of KRK RP5 Rokit G4. I don’t have this right now but crazy about it when I 1st listened its sound in my friend’s studio.
By the way guys, I would like to inform that I’m going to buy a pair of KRK RP5 Rokit G4 this month. When I will own it, I will write the live experience and some extra brief on mixing with this tremendous studio monitor.
If you have any query about KRK RP5 Rokit G4, the comment box below is waiting for you. Just drop your query in the comment and I will please to reply you. Share this review with your social circle as they should also have to know about this legendary studio monitor.
You may also like,