In the era of mobile content creation, audio quality should not be forgotten. Audio quality is an important factor of any vlog that can make or break your vlogs.
Your audience wants to listen to a crystal-clear sound along with the video quality and the content itself.
That’s why in this blog post, I will explore the best 7 USB-C microphones for mobile vlogging that can elevate your vlogging game to the next level.
No matter if you’re a podcaster, a live streaming enthusiast, or a vlogger, these USB C wireless microphones will give you high-quality audio along with comfort.
So without wasting any more time, let’s dive into the future of mobile content creation!
Table of Contents
- 1 7 Best USB C Microphones For Mobile Vlogging
- 2 1. Rode VideoMic Me-C
- 3 2. Shure MV88+ Video Kit with Condenser Mic
- 4 3. Sennheiser XS Lav USB-C Lavilier Microphone
- 5 4. Hollyland LARK C1 DUO USB-C Wireless Microphone
- 6 5. Boya BY-V20 Wireless Lavalier Microphone
- 7 6. CKOKC Wireless Microphone
- 8 7. BOYA BY-XM6-S6 Wireless Lavalier Microphone
- 9 USB-C Microphone Buying Guide
- 10 Final Words
7 Best USB C Microphones For Mobile Vlogging
Whether you’re a vlogger, streamer, podcaster, or just capturing moments on the go, these top-notch USB-C microphones will deliver professional-quality audio for post-processing. You will get a clean recording of your voice without background noise.
The first one is,
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that we recommended. Read more about Affiliate disclosure here.
1. Rode VideoMic Me-C
Rode VideoMic Me-C is a compact cardioid polar pattern directional microphone designed to transform your mobile filmmaking.
It is one of the best mics for vlogging, podcasting, and live streaming and delivers a clear and focused sound directly from the source (you).
It records audio in high-resolution 24-bit, 48kHz recordings which is the best resolution for the major video editing apps and software.
With its USB-C connectivity, the VideoMic Me-C wireless mic can be easily integrated with your mobile devices.
It is a plug-and-play mic so you don’t need to setup it up on your mobile. Just plug this device and your default mic input is automatically assigned to Rode VideoMic Me-C.
- Directional Cardioid Polar Pattern: Rode VideoMic Me-C is a shotgun mic that captures the voice of the subject and neglects the background noise.
- USB-C Connectivity Option: This is a USB-C mic so you can just plug and play this mic on your USB-C mobile.
- Mobile Mounting Options: This mic comes with a dedicated mic clip for secure attachment that is used to mount this mic on the mobile so you don’t need extra accessories to mount this mic.
- Realtime Monitoring: You will also get a 3.5 mm headphone output that is used for real-time audio monitoring.
- Wind Noise Reduction: This mic has a feature called WindShild which reduces the wind noise in a choppy environment and gives you clear audio.
- Its compact and portable design makes it a perfect choice for on-the-go content creation.
- Directional polar pattern records clear audio of the subject while neglecting the background noise.
- The USB-C connectivity option makes it widely accepted with mobile phones.
- The 3.5 mm headphone out gives you the ability to monitor the audio in real time.
- Wind noise reduction gives crystal clear audio even in a choppy environment.
- The mounting clip that comes with this mic is not compatible with some mobile phones.
- The manual recording volume adjustment needs extra attention while recording.
- This mic may not be compatible with some older mobile phones.
Rode VideoMic Me-C is one of the best compact microphones suitable for the need for high-quality audio in mobile video creation.
The directional polar pattern, the widely accepted USB-C connectivity option, and the direct monitoring option make it a great addon for vloggers, filmmakers, and podcasters who are using mobile devices.
Though lavalier style microphones are ideal for mobile vlogging the overall performance of this mic is quite good.
Rode VideoMic Me-C, will actually give a professional touch to your smartphone videos with clear and professional-grade sound.
2. Shure MV88+ Video Kit with Condenser Mic
Shure MV88+ Video Kit is one of the best audio solutions for podcasters.
You can elevate your audio recording and podcasting capabilities with the Shure MV88+ Condenser Mic.
It is a stereo condenser mic that’s why it captures host and guest voices clearly. It’s perfect for creators, musicians, vloggers, and interviewers who want to capture high-quality audio on the go.
Along with the stereo miking capabilities it has a versatile mounting option and a user-friendly interface that empowers you to achieve professional-level recordings with ease.
It is a wired USB-C mic that you can use with any USB-C compatible device.
- Stereo Mic: MV88+ microphone has 2 capsules that enable stereo recording, and captures sound with exceptional detail and depth.
- Portable and Handy Design: Its portable design and mounting option makes it ideal for vloggers, musicians, and interviewers.
- Manfrotto PIXI Tripod: With this tripod, you can record in both horizontal and vertical positions.
- USB-C and Lightning Cables: As this mic is compatible to USB-C and lightening cables you can use it on Android mobiles as well as iPhones
- Comes with ShurePlus MOTIV Apps: This mic comes with a dedicated ShurePlus MOTIV app which makes it easy to record edit and mix your audio.
- Stereo-recording capability makes it ideal for podcasts and interviewers.
- Its versatile mounting options and tripod make it easy to record in different recording scenarios.
- ShurePlus MOTIV app lets it easy to record, edit and mix on the go.
- High-quality audio capture which lets you publish videos with high quality.
- Its compact and lightweight design is ideal for recording on the go.
- Not compatible with some older Android devices.
- Tripod is made whit plastic which is less durable than other tripods available in the market.
- There is limited wind reduction which makes it difficult to record outdoors.
If you are a podcaster or interviewee, Shure MV88+ Video Kit is one of the best audio recording solutions for you.
Its dual capsules, tripod, and versatile connectivity options, make it a great addon to any mobile recording setup.
However, it does not have extensive wind noise reduction which you will miss when recording outdoors.
Its overall performance, portability, and user-friendly features are great for individuals who want to record indoors with thier mobile phones.
3. Sennheiser XS Lav USB-C Lavilier Microphone
f you are finding a cheap but high-quality USB-C microphone for your mobile phone video setup then Sennheiser XS Lav USB-C Lavalier Microphone is the best choice for you.
It is an Omnidirectional clip-on Lavalier microphone with USB-C connector that lets you connect with a USB-C compatible device including mobile phones.
The only downside of this mic is its lavalier style mic which can be uncomfortable on outdoor recordings.
However, it’s one of the best miking solutions for indoor recordings such as podcasts, indoor vlogs, interviews, etc.
Well, people are also using this mic in outdoor vlogs as it has a long (2.0 m) cable length enough for face recordings during vlogs.
- Omnidirectional Polar Pattern: The omnidirectional polar pattern ensures crystal clear and natural sound which is ideal for interviews, vlogs, podcasts, etc.
- USB-C Connector: It is a USB-C microphone so you can connect it with any USB-C compatible device including mobile phones, GoPros etc.
- You will get a mic clip, foam windscreen, and a convenient storage pouch along with this mic.
- Enhanced Noise Reduction: It has an enhanced noise reduction feature that reduces distracting room noise and ensures high-quality audio.
- Compact and Portable Design: Its compact and portable design makes it an essential addon for mobile video setups.
- It can be used in a variety of applications, such as podcasting, interviews, online classes, and vlogging.
- It provides exceptional audio quality ideal for Youtube videos.
- The USB C connector can be used in various types of devices such as mobile phones, computers etc.
- Its compact and lightweight design is great for any kind of audio recording.
- And last but to least, this mic is budget-friendly so you don’t have to break your bank to get this.
- There are no additional accessories except a mic clip, foam windscreen, and a storage pouch.
- The wired design makes it difficult to record on the go.
Sennheiser XS Lav USB-C Lavalier Microphone is aa great adon for interviewers, podcasters and Youtubers. However, vloggers may feel it difficult to use due to the wired design.
So, if you mostly record indoors that this cheap microphone is best for your mobile video recording setup. But if you frequently record outdoor shoots then I would recommend wireless mics for easy handling.
4. Hollyland LARK C1 DUO USB-C Wireless Microphone
Hollyland Lark C1 DUO USB-C Wireless Microphone is a game-changer microphone in the world of content creators, vloggers, journalists, and others.
If you are seeking professional-grade sound quality while shooting from your mobile then this one is sure to checkout.
This set comes with dual wireless Lavalier microphones which you can use in interviews, vlogs, and many more applications.
And the best thing is you can use it on any mobile device whether it’s an iPhone or Android device. It comes with USB-C and a lightning connector which is compatible with both iPhone and Android devices, GoPros etc.
- Dual Lavalier Microphone Set: You will get two Lavalier microphones that you can use simultaneously to record your interviews and other types of video applications.
- USB-C and Lightning Cable Connectivity: You can directly connect Lark C1 DUO to iOS, Windows, and Android devices with lightning port, and USB-C.
- Charging Case: The Charging case provided in the package allows you to charge both mics and receivers simultaneously and batteries give you up to 32 hours of recording time.
- Wide Wireless Range: It runs on 2.4 GHz auto frequency hopping technology, that enhances the wireless transmission range up to 200 meters which is enough for any type of video recording.
- Noise Cancellation Feature: The noise cancellation feature lets you cancel the background and ambient noise.
- LarkSound App: You will also get a dedicated app that allows you to monitor battery levels, fine-tune noise cancellation settings, and adjust volume settings.
- Lark C1 DUO is an affordable wireless Lavalier mic system for mobile video setups.
- Its dual microphone system is perfect for interviews, podcasts, and other videos in which multiple people are involved.
- You will get a dedicated charging case cum box to charge mics and the receiver simultaneously and protect them.
- The long 32 hours of battery life is enough for any video recording setup.
- It is compatible with a wide range of devices, no matter it’s iOS, Windows, or Android-based devices.
- The lack of 3.5 mm output limits it to USB-C and Ligheting connection devices. You cannot use it on cameras with 3.5 mm inputs.
- The lack of physical buttons provided for the settings limits it to primarily rely on the LarkSound app.
Hollyland Lark C1 DUO USB-C Wireless Microphone is an affordable, portable, and easy-to-use microphone setup for mobile video publishers.
Whether you’re an interviewer, podcaster, or producing content on the go, Lark C1 DUO’s dual lavalier microphone is equally beneficial to you.
With its compact design, long battery life, and wide range of device support, it is one of the best choices for you as a content creator.
5. Boya BY-V20 Wireless Lavalier Microphone
Just like Lark C1 Duo, Boya BY-V20 Wireless Lavalier Microphone is another versatile and compact Lavalier microphone system designed for on-the-go recording.
It is another excellent choice for vlogging, podcasting, live streaming, etc.
The ultracompact and lightweight design provides you the convenience and ease of use when you are making your videos.
That’s why it is a valuable tool for content creators and communicators.
This is an Omnidirectional microphone built for 360-degree sound pickup, however, you can change the polarization to front and back as per your needs.
- It is an ultra-compact and lightweight built just for portability and convenience.
- The USB-C ports make it compatible with most Android devices.
- You will get 2 transmitters and 1 receiver which is helpful if you are recording a video with more than one person.
- It is an omnidirectional microphone system that gives you 360-degree sound pickup.
- You will also get a noise cancellation switch if you want to cancel background noise.
- 9 hours of battery life.
- Plug-and-play makes it easy to use with any Android mobile phone.
- Acceptable sound quality.
- Compact and lightweight design.
- Noise cancellation switch.
- USB-C charging ports gives you the ability to charge simultaneously in between recording videos.
- No mute button.
- Only 9 hours of battery life which is lower compared to other mics in this list.
Boya BY-V20 Wireless Lavalier Microphone is a great wireless mic system for every type of content creator.
Its compact design, noise cancellation feature, and USB-C connectivity are ideal for vlogs, podcasts, live streams, and more.
However, the lack of a dedicated mute button and short battery life should be considered before buying this mic setup.
6. CKOKC Wireless Microphone
Above we have discussed all the branded USB-C microphone setups but this one is a generic microphone setup for Andoird users.
CKOKC Wireless Microphone comes with just $35 so if you want a wireless dual lavalier mic setup under budget then this is really great for you.
In the package, you will get 2 transmitters and 1 receiver that you can use in videos with multiple persons.
However the battery life is only 8 hours and the range is just 65 feet but it’s enough for short vlogs, interviews, and other types of videos.
- Noise Cancellation & Mute Mode
- Plug and play device
- Lightweight and Portable
- 0.009s Delay in Transmission
- 65ft Audio Range & 8 hours of battery life
- It is compatible with most Android phones and PC (with USB 1.1 adapter)
- It is a very affordable mic setup that comes with just $35.
- You will get noise cancellation and mute mode.
- No need for any app. Just plug and play this mic with your Android device.
- Short battery life of up to 8 hours.
- Short transmission range limited to only 65 ft
This wireless Lavalier mic system is best for those who are seeking a very affordable option for thier vlogging and podcasting videos.
But, don’t expect the audio quality that the professional and branded I have discussed above will mics deliver.
Well, if you don’t spend hundreds of dollars on a wireless mic setup for mobile vlogging setup then this one is best for you.
The 8 hours of battery life is enough for short videos and you will also get noise cancellation (average quality) and mute features.
7. BOYA BY-XM6-S6 Wireless Lavalier Microphone
BOYA BY-XM6-S6 Wireless Lavalier Microphone has 2 transmitters and one receiver with a range of 100 meters (328 ft).
The battery life of this wireless mic system is 7 hours which is actually not enough for some video works such as vlogging during the day where you don’t have the option to charge.
Its omnidirectional microphone sensitivity is rated as low as -39dB which ensures clear and intelligible speech capture.
But the best thing is both the transmitters and the receiver are equipped with OLED displays that show information like battery life, signal strength, gain, etc.
- BY-XM6-S6 has 2 transmitters and 1 receiver that allows you simultaneous recording of 2 people.
- This wireless mic operates on 2.4GHz digital frequency which gives an operating range of up to 100 meters (328 ft).
- It is an omnidirectional microphone that records 360 degrees according to your needs.
- USB Type-C Connectivity allows you to connect this mic setup to any USB-C device.
- You will get OLED displays on the transmitters and receiver which gives you information about battery life and other settings.
- In the package, you will get various cables, such as 3.5mm to 3.5mm, USB-A to USB-C, USB-C to USB-C along with the mics. receiver and clips.
- Its compact and portable design makes it easy to use on the go.
- Suitable for various recording scenarios including, vlogging, interviews, podcasts etc.
- 2 transmitter allows you to record multiple people.
- USB Type-C connectivity
- OLED displays on the receiver and transmitters.
- No noise cancellation feature
- Short battery life
- High price
BOYA BY-XM6-S6 Wireless Lavalier Microphone is a great choice for those who want to record interviews, vlogs and other short videos. The dual-channel capability and USB Type-C connectivity make it ideal for mobile video setups.
The only disappointing thing is its battery life. You will get only 7 hours of battery life which may not be enough for daily bloggers who record on the go. The lack of a noise cancellation feature is a drawback of this mic system.
USB-C Microphone Buying Guide
Purchasing a USB-C microphone includes several factors that play a crucial role in determining the quality and compatibility of a wireless microphone for mobile vlogging.
Let’s discuss the factors that you should consider before purchasing a USB-C mic for your mobile vlogging setup.
Audio quality is the first thing you need to look for in a microphone.
You should look for USB-C microphones that offer clear, accurate, and high-quality audio recording.
You must ensure that the microphone has a good frequency range, low background noise, and minimal distortion to capture the best voice.
The directional pattern is another important thing to consider in choosing USB-C microphones.
They come with various directional patterns such as cardioid (front-facing), omnidirectional (all-around), bi-directional (front and back), stereo etc.
You should choose a mic with a directional pattern that suits your recording requirements.
For example, cardioid is ideal for solo recordings as it captures the voice from only the front, while bi-directional is ideal for interviews.
Noise Reduction Feature
When you are shooting outdoors, noise reduction is one of the important factors you should consider.
Noise reduction allows you to cut off the background noise while recording.
It is crucial for you to record clear vocals for Youtube videos. So, You should keep this factor in mind while choosing a wireless mic for mobile vlogging.
However we are considering only USB-C mics here, you should also check if the mic supports USB 1.1 and 3.5 mm connectivity so that you can use it for various devices.
You should check the connectivity options before purchasing any wireless mic for a mobile vlogging setup.
You should also check for the compatibility of the USB-C microphone with different recording devices, such as laptops, smartphones, tablets, and other USB-C enabled devices.
Also, ensure that the microphone must support your operating system and recording software.
Price Range and Budget
Last but not least, you should also consider the price range you afford.
USB-C microphones are available in a range of price points.
So, set your budget and consider options within that range. Also keep in mind that higher-priced models may offer advanced features and options and better overall audio quality, compared to the cheaper options.
Choosing the right USB microphone for mobile vlogging is not an easy task. However, if you know what you want in the mic you can make the process easier.
In today’s dynamic content creation landscape, where you need subtle perfections, investing in a top-notch microphone is very important which significantly enhances your videos, podcasts, and live stream quality to professional standards.
I hope this guide helped you in choosing the best USB-C mic for your mobile vlogging setup. Let me know in the comments box if I missed anything and I will definitely consider and add that to this post.