Graphics equalizers are great. The benefit is, you can see what you are changing in audio. And when it has other great features like real-time analyzer, solo listening etc then its something like a beast. Fabfilter Pro Q3 is that beast. With its tons of features, you can play with your sound like a pro.
Fabfilter Pro-Q 3 is an improved version with its predecessor in every area, introducing surround support, Dynamic EQ, per-band side and mid-chain processing and much more, as well as maintain the pristine sound quality.
Key Features of Fabfilter Pro Q3
1st off all we have to get to know what features Fabfliter has, other equalizers are not providing?
- Fabfilter Pro Q3 is able to provide with highest quality sound with its improved version predecessor.
- It provides up to 24 band equalizer which is much higher than other graphic equalizers.
- Optional Bell and Shelf shaped dynamic EQ mode for all bands with perfect analog matching.
- Its Retina interface display provides large interactive EQ with multi-band selection. You can edit with maximum ease of use and efficiency.
- For LP and HP filters it has Ultra-steep ‘Brickwall’ slope setting.
- Support surround sound up to Dolby Atmos 7.1.2.
- To match the spectrum of another Pro-Q 3 or external source, it has an EQ Match feature to automatically.
- It has built-in spectrum analyzer with external spectrum visualization, Pre-EQ, Post-EQ, speed, adjustable range, resolution, tilt etc.
- Auto gain facility.
- Want to quantize EQ frequencies to musical notes. It has an optional piano roll display for it.
- You can change for different display ranges like 12 dB and 30 dB for mixing, 3 dB and 6 dB ranges for mastering.
- Solo mode is my favorite. You can easily find problem frequencies and hear the effect of a band.
- You can change polarity with its Phase Invert option.
- Large master level for better peak analyzing.
- It has mid/side or left/right processing for each band. NOw you can EQ the mid, side, left or right signals separately.
- Linear phase mode and zero latency mode.
- Spectrum Grab – You can grab and adjust spectrum analyzer’s peak in the real-time.
- Adjustable interface size and full-screen mode.
- Optimized for fewer CPU uses.
- GPU powered graphics.
- Supports up to Dolby Atmos 7.1.2
- Pro tools hardware supported.
- Midi learn option.
- A/B comparison
- You can automate all parameters.
- Interactive help hints.
- Supports VST, VST3, Audio Units, AAX Native and AudioSuite formats (all both 64-bit and 32-bit) formats.
Fabfilter Pro Q3’s Faster Workflow
When you use Fabfilter Pro Q3, you can analyze that your workflow will become faster. As you know, an equalizer is the most used plugin in audio mixing and mastering.
So you a faster workflow for any equalizer plugin. As an easy to use yet effective equalizer, Fabfilter Pro Q3 can do this very well.
Its a graphic based equalizer with analyzer and solo listening mode which will help you to work fast. With Fabfilter Pro Q3 you can mix fast without losing any quality.
Fabfilter PR Q3 is Great For Mixing and mastering
Fabfilter Pro Q3 is a full package under one roof. You get tons of equalizing features in one plugin. It has everything that a Pro engineer could wish for.
It has a smooth dynamic equalizer with per-band mid/side processing and full surround setting.
It has zero latency and unique Natural Phase modes with top quality linear phase operation. It has an intelligent solo mode which I really like in mastering and vocal equalizing.
Solo mode can help you to remove harsh frequencies from the master and vocal tracks.
With optional autogain as well as a fully customizable spectrum analyzer you can mix and master more precisely.
Effortlessly Sculpt Your Sounds With Fabfilter Pro Q3
It can help you in sculpting your sound in the quickest way possible. With its large interactive EQ display, you can create bands wherever you want to manipulate the sound in the spectrum.
You can enable and edit dynamic EQ for multiple bands at once.
It has some unique features like EQ Match, Spectrum Grab, a Full-Screen mode which will speed up your workflow even more.
Fabfilter Pro-Q3 is available in the market.
If you are an existing Fabfilter user then you can upgrade or purchase the Fabfilter Pro-Q3 with a discount.
Check out our top-most articles
- 7 Best Reverb Plugins 2020 [Only Best Once]
- Best Budget Studio Monitors For Home Studios [Ultimate List 2020]
- How to Get Firewire Audio Interface Devices To Work With Thunderbolt 3 USB-C Without Losing Audio Quality
Share this article with your social circle so that they could know some good methods of vocal processing and if you have any query or suggestion, the comment box is waiting for your comments.
Gautam Roy is a recording engineer and a blogger from India. He loves music, writing and travelling. He is also an active investor and a successful entrepreneur.