As a recording guy, I already know the fact that we all are fond of free stuff like VST instruments for free, free VST plugins, audio libraries, tips, and tutorials.
I always try to serve the most relevant and useful free stuff on my website so that it could help you in your music production career.
Today, I’m here with 3 must-have VST instruments for you and I think that these free VST instruments would make your day.
Here are these.
Table of Contents
1. Choir Virtual Instrument
Spitfire Audio is a well-known maker for virtual instruments and samplers and from time to time they release free VST instruments for music producers.
In the series of free virtual instruments, Spitfire Audio now released another free instrument LABS Choir.
They said that in June 2017 they sampled Eric Whitacre Singers at Air Studios, London, to sample their first choir library.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that we recommended. Read more about Affiliate disclosure here.
The whole process was curated and conducted by Eric Whitacre.
Features of Labs Choir
- Ever-changing choral samples
- Combines three evolutions from this epic vocal encyclopedia —
- Textures weave in and out of each other and evolve constantly on the play,
- Offering endless inspiration.
Watch the official demo of Labs Choir
Other free VST instruments are also available on their site. A few of them are below.
- Electric Piano
- Amplified Cello Quartet
- Soft Piano
3. Audible Genius Primer for iPad/Mac and PC users – free AUv3 synth
The last one is Primer.
Primer is not a new sampler as it was available for Mac and PC users as VST/AU plugin included in the sample package with Syntorial.
But here is good news for iPad users as they launched it for iPad users for free. You can download Primer from App Store.
If you are a Syntorial user most probably you will be aware of Primer as it is served as a part of the Syntorial package. Syntorial is an award-winning synthesizer training app.
It has common controls which can be found on most subtractive/analog synths. These patches and sounds rich synth provide us a simple and easy-to-understand UI and layout.
Here are some features of Syntorial and Primer
- Subtractive synthesis
- 3 Oscillators (For Waveform, Pulse Width, Pitch and Mix controls, as well as a Sub oscillator with Volume controls and Waveform)
- Pulse, Saw, Sine waveforms and Triangle
- FM knob
- ADSR Filter Envelope
- ADSR Amp Envelope
- AD Modulation Envelope
- Noise Oscillator
- Oscillator Sync
- Filter (Low, Band and High Pass) with Resonance and Key Tracking
- LFO with four waveforms, 7 destinations, amount, rate, trigger, and mono/poly modes
- Mono, Legato and Poly Voice Modes
- Unison with Detune, Voice and Spread controls
- Ring Modulation
- Distortion, Delay, Chorus, Phaser and Reverb effects
- Mod Wheel, Pitch Wheel, and Velocity controls
Watch the Primer Demo
4. Spitfire LABS
Spitfire Labs will give you the same features that a 50 to 100 dollars VST instrument gives. There are two free instrument libraries you will get in Spitfire Labs plugin.
One of them is the Soft Piano, and the other one is strings.
This plugin is compatible with both 32-bit and 64-bit Windows and Mac PCs.
Features of Spitfire Labs
- Free sample-based instrument libraries
- Compatible to both Mac and Windows
- Simple and easy to use interface
- VST2, VST3, AAX & AU compatible
- Completely free
Well, here are these 3 virtual instruments. Let me know more free VST instruments, plugins, and other stuff by commenting below. So that I could write other useful content on your recommendation.
You may also like,