Today, I’m here with 3 must-have VST instruments for you and I think that these free VST instruments would make your day.
Here are these.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that we recommended. Read more about Affiliate disclosure here.
Choir Virtual Instrument
In the series of free virtual instruments, Spitfire Audio now released their another free instrument LABS Choir.
They said that in June 2017 they sampled Eric Whitacre Singers at Air Studios, London, to sample their first choir library.
The whole process was curated and conducted by Eric Whitacre.
Features of Labs Choir
- ever-changing choral samples
- combines three evolutions from this epic vocal encyclopedia —
- Textures weave in and out of each other and evolve constantly on the play,
- offering endless inspiration.
Watch the official demo of Labs Choir
Other free VST instruments are also available on their site. Few of them are below
- Electric Piano
- Amplified Cello Quartet
- Soft Piano
Soundemote’s Free Rhythm And Pitch Generator VST/AU Plugin
Another one is Rhythm and pitch generator plugin by Soundemote. It’s a virtual synthesizer available free for Windows and Mac users. As it is a VST and AU plugin its compatible with any DAW supports these protocols.
There are 2 main components of Rhythm And Pitch Generator’s synthesis engine
- Analog-style arpeggiator
- TriSaw morphable oscillator
It also features ADSR envelope with velocity sensitivity, adjustable curves, oversampling support, and a built-in preset manager.
This is an ideal solution to create blazing fast sequences.
Here are some features of this virtual synth.
- Tri Saw morphable oscillator by Robin Schmidt’s can be morphed (not crossfaded!) into saw, anti-sine wave, square, tri, sine, and all in between, generates warm analog saws giving the tones that range from chiptune squares.
- You can use the MASTER RATE knob to increase the arpeggiator to maximum speeds or slow it down to get dying-battery fx effect. You also get an option to adjust the pitch rate for this changing effect.
- There are clock dividers provided to various desired beat patterns and a RaPG to arrange them into rhythm series.
- You can manually select your notes in timeframe using the OCTAVE OFFSET knob to perform the arpeggio.
Watch Rhythm And Pitch Generator demo.
You can download this virtual synth from their official website here
Audible Genius Primer for iPad/Mac and PC users – free AUv3 synth
The last one is Primer.
Primer is not a new sampler as it was available for Mac and PC users as VST/AU plugin included in the sample package with Syntorial.
But here is a good news for iPad users as they launched it for iPad users for free. You can download Primer from App Store.
If you are a Syntorial user most probably you will be aware of Primer as it is served as a part of Syntorial package. Syntorial is an award-winning synthesizer training app.
It has common controls which can be found on most subtractive/analogue synths. This patches and sounds rich synth provide us a simple and easy-to-understand UI and layout.
Here are some features of Syntorial and Primer
- Subtractive synthesis
- 3 Oscillators (For Waveform, Pulse Width, Pitch and Mix controls, as well as a Sub oscillator with Volume controls and Waveform)
- Pulse, Saw, Sine waveforms and Triangle
- FM knob
- ADSR Filter Envelope
- ADSR Amp Envelope
- AD Modulation Envelope
- Noise Oscillator
- Oscillator Sync
- Filter (Low, Band and High Pass) with Resonance and Key Tracking
- LFO with four waveforms, 7 destinations, amount, rate, trigger, and mono/poly modes
- Mono, Legato and Poly Voice Modes
- Unison with Detune, Voice and Spread controls
- Ring Modulation
- Distortion, Delay, Chorus, Phaser and Reverb effects
- Mod Wheel, Pitch Wheel, and Velocity controls
Watch the Primer Demo
Well, here are these 3 virtual instruments. Let me know more free VST instruments, plugins, and other stuff by commenting below. So that I could write other useful content on your recommendation.
You may also like,
- TOP 10 Online Beat Maker Software [FREE and PAID 2020]
- 10 Best Professional Wireless Microphones For Singing in 2020
Gautam Roy is a recording engineer and a blogger from India. He loves music, writing and travelling. He is also an active investor and a successful entrepreneur.