CWITEC The manufacturer of TX16Wx Software Sampler released its updated version 3. This is a major update to this cross-platform sampler. This audio sampler is free available for Windows and Mac as VST and AU formats.
However, you get the basic version of TX16Wx Software Sampler 3 free there is a paid version also available with a price of €99.
The second pro version is non-commercial version and its price is €39. If you don’t use this plugin commercially then you can go with a non-commercial version with all the features in the commercial version.
The rule fo the non-commercial version is if your gross revenue is not more than €10,000 per year you can use TX16Wx Software Sampler 3 non-commercial version instead.
Top features of the latest version of TX16Wx Software Sampler.
- DFD PLAYBACK – Ultra-low latency disk-streaming with high-quality sample playback.
- Audio Sampling – Able to record new content directly from DAW, as well as easy to use automation for capturing and resampling content.
- Wave editor – Loop tools and automatic wave slicing with advanced editing feature.
- Mapping Tools – Grouping and layering with automatic and manual sample mapping and layout.
- Cross-platform – Works with Windows and Mac
- Easy to use interface – Full Undo/Redo support, Built-in file browser with sound playback and wave/program preview, Fully skinnable, Program icons.
- Dual playback engine – RAM playback – sample-accurate loop modulation, Direct from disk – supports massive sample sizes.
- Supports unlimited multi-timbral operation.
- 128 voice polyphony – Two 6/12/24 dB resonant filters per voice, Low-, high, band- and all-pass, Notch, peak, low- and high shelf, Two sync-able LFO per voice, Two Modulation Envelopes per voice, Three Step Sequencers per voice, Modulation matrix with 16 modulation slots per voice, Three-way cross modulation (variable modulation strength), Variable keyboard scales, Multiple trigger modes, Mono/Poly/Legato operation, 8 choke groups per program, Per-sample loop start/end/direction modulation, Polyphonic glide, Multiple glide modes, Polyphony limit per channel, VST micro tuning support.
- Built-in sample editor – Automatic Loop Slicing + slice mapping, Actually Samples!* Record audio straight into the sampler from a host (Requires routing/input capable host), Automatic pitch detection, Loop tools, Non-destructive, interactive loop crossfading, Multiple loop definitions per wave, Pitch detection, Normalize, Reverse, Tempo detection.
- Graphical keyboard mapping editor
- Multiple outputs
- Reads multiple sample and bank formats
- 100% documented XML-based sound file format
TX16Wx Software Sampler is known as the best freeware virtual sampler among audio folks. There are other samplers too like Grace but it only works in Windows as well as the library is not much better.
You can download TX16Wx Software Sampler 3 from the developer website absolutely free of cost.
After that, if you want to enable the pro version you just have to unlock it from the plugin interface.
This instrument is compatible with all VST, VST3, AU, and AAX plugin host applications on PC and Mac.
You can download TX16Wx Software Sampler 3 free from via CWITEC (download size is 29MB)
- Audified Tonespot Bass Pro: A Great Bass Guitar Plugin
- 7 Ways To Upload Songs On Spotify and Make Money
Gautam Roy is a recording engineer and a blogger from India. He loves music, writing and travelling. He is also an active investor and a successful entrepreneur.