We Accept Guest Posts.
If you are a music production product owner, have an audio recording/music production course or a blogger and want to publish your content on our website then you can submit your content on our Email address. It would be our pleasure to publish your valuable content on our website.
Feel free to submit your article on our email: firstname.lastname@example.org
General Submission Guidelines
- Recording Base accepts the following content formats: News/Features/Blog, Video, Podcasts, Photo Slideshows & Infographics.
- Content should be between 300-1500 words.
- Do not submit content that is promotional in any way. Content should be informational, educational, entertaining, insightful or procedural.
- When quoting others’ work, including attributions in the body text. This should refer to the author and publication, and a link back to the original post. No footnotes, endnotes or reference lists.
- You may link back to your website/blog in a natural, SEO-friendly way.
- You should also link to outside resources in the body text in a natural, SEO-friendly way.
- Include atleast 1-2 subheads.
- Use bullet points (when applicable) for easy scanning.
- All forms of multimedia are welcome for embedding into a post.
Voice + Tone
- Thought Leaders: We strive to be thought leaders in the industry, looking at major problems, rising trends, and innovative ideas affecting the recording industry.
- Data Driven: Use stats and studies from reputable researchers when possible.
- Problems & Solutions: Our readers love to know what they’re doing wrong or poorly, but be sure to give them some solutions to those problems, too.
- Visual: Be as visual as you can in. All forms of multimedia are welcome to drive your message home.
- Tone: Casual and friendly, like you’re talking shop with a friend over a few drinks.
- Headlines should include a keyword phrase and be under 8 words long (approx. 56 characters, including spaces)
- Body text should include at least one link to outside sources (blog post, video, podcast, infographic, whitepaper, downloadables, etc.)
- The post summary should include the post’s keyword phrase and any alternate keywords while also accurately describing the post’s content.
- The post summary should be between 150-160 characters (including spaces).
What We Need From You
- Your byline
- A short author bio (approx. 50 words)
- Author headshot (JPG or PNG)
- Your post (sent as a Word or Pages document)
- Post Summary (approx. 150-160 characters)
- A Hero Image (optional)
- Any multimedia (photos/graphics/video/audio/social media) that should be embedded in the post
Once received, we will look over your submission. If accepted, you will be notified of its slated publication date.
A note on our editing process…
Recording Base will edit your story for grammar, spelling, style, and SEO while doing our best to keep the tone and personality of the piece intact. We’ll try to work with the author on any edits, but cannot make promises they’ll get final editorial control.
We generally re-write headlines and subheads to conform with our style guide and SEO best practices.
We don’t condone or actively practice censorship, but Recording Base reserves the right to exercise editorial judgment.
- You don’t need to be a music production industry expert to be accepted on Recording Base. Recording Base accepts posts from a diverse group of people with varying background and experiences. You just need a fresh or interesting idea for a post and a computer to write it on. Content is all reviewed based on its merit, not the byline.
- Our primary target audience are music producers, musicians and recording engineers etc. Keep this in mind when crafting your content.
- We’re interested in any audio-related topic that our target audience would find useful and interesting. Examples include new audio recording technology, music marketing ideas, tips and tutorials, proven ideas by pros, etc.
- We love embedded multimedia, so feel free to get creative with your visuals.
By submitting your content to Recording Base you’re agreeing to the following items:
- Recording Base has exclusivity rights to the content being submitted. Submitted content cannot be reposted onto other publications until 30 days after it goes live on Recording Base and must have different headlines and subheads.
- That you share your post on Recording Base on your social media accounts and newsletters.
- The content is original and not plagiarized, and uses proper citations for works quoted.
- Work submitted may be repurposed for other project needs such as lead-gen PDF download handbooks and guides.
In return, Recording Base promises the following:
- To give you full credit for the content you created, with links back to your site(s).
- To promote your content on Recording Base, our music recording industry newsletter that goes out to more than thousands of readers every Friday. Recording Base scores a 30% average open rate.
- To promote your content on Recording Base’s social media accounts, including but not withstanding – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest – with mentions to your social account.
Ready to get started?
Submit your article on this email: email@example.com
Have a good day