In this article, I will review PreSonus Eris E3.5 which is the best choice for those who are looking for studio monitor in a budget.
Do you know? The quality of a monitor depends on the frequency curve which it delivers.
Now you are wondering what is a frequency curve. So here I want to give you a short description of the frequency curve of a studio monitor.
typically a human ear listens between 20Hz to 20,000Hz which is 20kHz. A sound creates with a combination of these frequencies whether it is music, noise or speech. Every sound is a combination of frequencies.
When a sound has only 1 frequency then it called monotone but normally all the sound have many frequencies. In music, the quality of sound depends on the intensity of frequencies involved in creating the music.
The process of sound mixing is manipulating the intensity of certain frequencies to create a perfect sound which our ear love.
Though creating a studio monitor which could produce a totally flat frequency curve is impossible studio monitor manufacturers try to keep it as flat as possible.
They serve a whole range of products for home studios to official Hollywood studios.
PreSonus Eris E3.5: Studio Monitor in Budget
As it is an entry-level studio monitor don’t aspect a good frequency response with PreSonus Eris E3.5. You have to set up your ears with this monitor before mixing any project.
If you don’t know how to set up your ears for the better mix you can refer to my article Best Studio Monitor Under 100: Samson MediaOne BT3 Active. Here I have described the process of setup your ears.
For Home studio owners who want a good monitor pair under 100 dollar, PreSonus Eris E3.5 is a good choice.
Do you want to checkout it’s latest price on Amazon? Click here…
Features of this Budget Studio Monitor
Now come to the features of PreSonus Eris E3.5.
- If you call it a multipurpose Studio monitor in the budget then this is absolutely true. PreSonus Eris E3.5 is one of the best multipurpose monitor speakers which are designed for multimedia, gaming, watching movies, or producing your next album also.
- The design is super sleek with industry quality standards.
- This monitor speaker is protected from RF interference which makes it a table speaker where the interferences occur more.
- The woofer is made of Kevlar low-frequency material and the size of the woofer is 3.5-inch (89 mm) which produce a quite good amount of low and mid-range frequencies.
- The 1-inch silk dome ultra low mass tweeter makes a stunning high-frequency sound.
- You get 25-Watt per speaker Amplification for high sound operation.
- The amp is two way means the woofer and tweeter has a separate power ICs which gives a stunning sound quality.
- The frequency response is 80Hz to 20kHz which is quite good for a better mix. Though the low frequency should be as low as possible for a better catch in bass lines and kick drums 80Hz is not so bad.
- You get 1- stereo 1/8 inch, 2- balanced ¼ inches TRS, 2- unbalanced RCA inputs with this studio monitor.
- You also get an equalizer – High/mid variable control (-6 to +6dB)
- The cabinet is made of MDF wood for better sound quality and durability.
- The crossover frequency of PreSonus Eris E3.5 is 2.8kHz.
As a professional recordist, I always insist people buy good monitor speakers if it costs even more.
But I know many newbies and music geeks can’t afford those good studio monitors so I am here with PreSonus Eris E3.5 which is a good studio monitor in the budget.
You can try it with my ear training technique and I know you would be producing better music with this.
If you have a question in your mind the comment box is always waiting for you. You will get your answer from me. So comment below and share this awesome article on your social circle.
You may also like,
- Best Budget Studio Monitors For Home Studios [Ultimate List 2020]
- How to Choose Home Recording Studio Desks
Gautam Roy is a recording engineer and a blogger from India. He loves music, writing and travelling. He is also an active investor and a successful entrepreneur.