Antelope Audio has released their most awaited AD/DA converter Orion 32 which is claimed to be the world’s first 32 channel USB
Orion 32 is equipped with custom USB chip which allows it to achieve extremely low latency levels even when streaming simultaneously 32 channels in and 32 out.
SOS says about this
There is nothing else available that even gets close to this amount of I/O, in a box this small, at this quality level, and this kind of price…”
If you don’t know what Orion32 is and what it does then here is the brief.
It is a 32-channel audio master clock and A/D & D/A converter supports both USB and MADI interfaces clocked by Antelope’s renowned 64-bit Acoustically Focused Clocking (AFC) technology.
Orion32 allows you to stream 32-channel digital audio via USB 192 kHz I/O ensures the seamless connectivity to any DAW, computer or iPad. It also provides 96 kHz audio in all 32 channels through its Fiber Optic MADI I/O connections, which can be used to connect with MADI devices.
Here are some of the features of Orion 32
- Low latency simultaneous I/O streaming of 32 channels, 24-bit/192 kHz audio.
- Powered by our world-renowned 64-bit AFC jitter management algorithm.
- Routing, mixing and managing presets via a user-friendly desktop application.
- 16 I/O channels on ADAT, analog via 8 D-SUB 25 I/O connectors.
- Oven Controlled Oscillator, 4 WC Outs, WC & Atomic Clock Ins.
- Orion32 fits in 1U, its 20 Watts power consumption allows very low heating levels.
I will come with the full review of Orion 32 in few days til then checkout Antelope’s official website to know more.
Gautam Roy is a recording engineer and a blogger from India. He loves music, writing and travelling. He is also an active investor and a successful entrepreneur.